Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Can I cancel my critical illness policy at any time?
Yes, you can cancel your critical illness policy at any time - but please remember that there is no cash in value.
You have a 30 day cooling off period to change your mind. If you want to cancel within this period we'll refund any premiums you've paid. The cooling off period begins on the latter of:
- The day we tell you when your policy will start.
- The day you receive your policy documents.
You can still cancel the policy after the cooling off period ends, but we won't refund your premiums. If you cancel your policy, you won't be able to make a claim.
If you're thinking about cancelling your policy, please contact us to discuss your options on 0800 068 6800. Or, if you'd prefer, write to us with your instructions at Aviva Life, Norwich BCC, PO Box 520, Norwich, NR1 3WG.
If your policy was previously Friends Life, then the above information may not apply. For further information please refer to your policy documents or contact us.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- Do you charge an admin fee to make a change?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?