Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Do I need critical illness cover as well as a life insurance policy?
Each of our policies can help to protect your family from the uncertainties in life; a critical illness policy will pay out if you are diagnosed with a critical illness that meets our policy definition and survive for at least 10 days, whereas a life insurance policy will normally pay out if you die during the policy term. With these policies, there is no cash in value at any time.
Everyone's circumstances are different and it is up to you to decide which policy, or combination of policies, might best suit your needs. If you are unsure, you can speak with a financial adviser. If you do not have a financial adviser, you can find a local adviser in your area using www.unbiased.co.uk.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- Should I have the same level of cover for my life insurance and critical illness cover?
- Can I cancel my critical illness policy at any time?
- Have I earned any No Claim Discount if I have been a named driver on another policy?
- What does my life insurance policy cover me for?
- Will the amount payable from my life insurance policy reduce over time?
Browse our FAQs by topic