Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Do you need to see original documents for a death claim?
Yes. We will need to see the original death certificate, we cannot accept a copy. We may also need to see original copies of any grant of legal representation, where required.
We understand you may need the documents for other reasons so we'll get them back to you as soon as we can.
Find out more about our claims process.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?
- I need my money from my Aviva Pension. How can you help me?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?
- What if I have earned No Claim Discount on motor insurance overseas?
- What is the Aviva breakdown service callout number?