Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Who gets the money if I have a valid critical illness claim?
Ordinarily, when a critical illness claim is paid, it will be paid to the person(s) who owns the policy.
If the policy was set up in trust or assigned to a mortgage lender, the money will go to the trustees of the trust, or to the mortgage lender.
If you're unsure who's entitled to the insurance money from your policy, please call us on 0800 015 1142 (between Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm). We'll be happy to help.
If your policy was previously Friends Life please visit the contact us page to find the correct details.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- Where can I find my policy number?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?