Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Why would you decline a claim?
People believe that insurance companies try to avoid paying claims, but in reality, the vast majority of claims are paid. Aviva publishes claims figures every year and in 2014, we paid 99% of life insurance claims and 93.2% of critical illness claims.
When you apply for cover, ensure that you answer all questions fully, truthfully and accurately. If you fail to disclose something when applying, this could impact any future claim.
Otherwise, if the condition you're claiming for isn't covered by us, or if the policy wasn't in place when the event you're claiming for took place then we would decline the claim.
If you're unsure about anything when applying or claiming, feel free to contact us.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- How soon will you decide whether to pay a claim?
- How long will it take to get the payment from my claim?
- How will you pay the money if a life insurance claim is accepted?
- How long will it take to get the payment from my critical illness claim?
- How long will it take to get the payment from my life insurance claim?
Browse our FAQs by topic