Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: I’m an Aviva customer. Do I need to do anything for Brexit?
The vast majority of our customers’ policies won’t be affected by the UK’s exit from the EU.
If you purchased an Aviva policy in the UK and are currently – and will continue to be – permanently resident in the UK, cover under your policy will not be affected.
A small number of our customers purchased their policy in the UK and are now permanently relocated or may, in the future, permanently relocate to a different country within the European Union (EU) / European Economic Area (EEA). Following the outcome of the trade deal negotiations, the approach taken by the EU/EEA regulators may affect the policies of overseas customers in this position.
During the Transition Period, your insurance arrangements will be unaffected.
What happens after the end of 2020 is yet to be agreed so customers travelling to Europe may need to take action for some types of cover such as motor or travel insurance.
We’re continuing to monitor political developments and are engaging with regulators, so we can minimise any regulatory or operational difficulties that might arise. We’ll always aim to provide the service our customers expect.
Whilst we believe that there’s no impact on your policy at present, you should take independent financial advice if you’re at all uncertain as to whether you need to take any action.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- I used to live and work in the UK and during this period my pension fund was created. I'm an EU citizen and am now resident in the EU. What will happen to my pension?
- I purchased a policy from Aviva UK, even though I am permanently resident in an EEA country. What’s the impact of the UK’s exit from the EU on my policy?
- How do I get a Green Card?
- Will you be able to make a payment to me overseas?
- Do I need a Green Card?
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- Do you charge an admin fee to make a change?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?