Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: I’m an Aviva customer. Do I need to do anything for Brexit?
The vast majority of our customers’ policies won’t be affected by Brexit.
If you purchased an Aviva policy in the UK and are currently – and will continue to be – permanently resident in the UK, cover under your policy will not be affected.
A small number of our customers purchased their policy in the UK and are now permanently relocated or may, in the future, permanently relocate to a different country within the European Union (EU) / European Economic Area (EEA). Following the outcome of the Brexit negotiations, the approach taken by the EU/EEA regulators may affect the policies of customers in this position. We don’t yet know what the approach of these regulators will be.
In the event the UK government agrees a deal and transitional period with the EU, we don’t expect any impact to your policy during that period.
In the event of a ‘no deal’ Brexit, customers travelling to Europe may need to take action for some types of cover such as motor or travel insurance.
We’re continuing to monitor political developments and are engaging with local regulators, so we can minimise any regulatory or operational difficulties that might arise. We’ll always aim to provide the service our customers expect, whatever the Brexit outcome may be.
You don’t need to do anything with your policy at the moment.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- How do I get a Green Card?
- I used to live and work in the UK and during this period my pension fund was created. I'm an EU citizen and am now resident in the EU. What will happen to my pension if a no deal Brexit occurs?
- I purchased a policy from Aviva UK, even though I am permanently resident in an EEA country. What is the impact of Brexit on my policy?
- Do I need a Green Card?
- Will you be able to make a payment to me overseas?
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?
- What is the Aviva breakdown service callout number?
- What if I have earned No Claim Discount on motor insurance overseas?