Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: I’m driving abroad beyond the borders of the EU. Do I need a Green Card?
Your motor insurance with us doesn’t extend beyond the EU territories plus Andorra, Serbia and Switzerland as standard.
If you’re travelling outside the UK to the countries listed below and will return prior to the end of the Transition Period, you don’t need a Green Card:
EU Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain & Sweden
EEA Countries not in the EU: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
Other Countries not requiring a Green Card during the Transition Period: Andorra, Serbia and Switzerland
If you’re intending to drive your vehicle in any of the below countries, please contact us so we can ascertain your needs on 0345 030 8651.
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- Where can I find my policy number?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?