Frequently Asked Questions

Ask us a question

You asked: I’m driving abroad beyond the borders of the EU. Do I need a Green Card?

Your motor insurance with us doesn’t extend beyond the EU territories plus Andorra, Serbia and Switzerland as standard.

If you’re travelling outside the UK to the countries listed below and will return prior to the end of the Transition Period, you don’t need a Green Card:

EU Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain & Sweden

EEA Countries not in the EU: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway

Other Countries not requiring a Green Card during the Transition Period: Andorra, Serbia and Switzerland

If you’re intending to drive your vehicle in any of the below countries, please contact us so we can ascertain your needs on 0345 030 8651.

Bosnia & Herzegovina






Did this answer your question?

Answers others found useful

Back to top