Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: What do you mean by cash and cash alternatives?
Cash and cash alternatives are a type of asset. This includes a range of short-term deposits (cash) - similar to a bank or building society account - and money market securities (cash alternatives), which are investments that governments, major banks and other institutions issue to generate interest.
Cash and cash alternatives play an important role in the asset mix of a with-profits investment.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- Where can I find my policy number?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?