About the committee
The Aviva With-Profits Committee is a group of independent experts who help us to look after your interests.
They bring outside expertise and oversight to make sure that we are meeting our responsibility to treat our With-Profits customers fairly.
The committee's objectives
The committee has 5 key objectives:
- To challenge us to show that our decisions are fair to all With-Profits customers, particularly where one group is treated differently from another.
- To check we are doing what we said we would do. This means keeping to our 'Principles and Practices of Financial Management', a document setting out our approach to managing With-profits funds.
- To make sure we are being fair to both new and existing With-Profits customers and not favouring one group over the other.
- To help us make sure that we send clear and complete communications to With-Profits customers.
- To require we respond to any recommendations raised by the committee. If they think that we have not responded properly, they can tell the Financial Conduct Authority so they can follow up.
How the committee works
The committee meets about 8 times a year. It works closely with our With-profits Actuary and Chief Actuary. These are qualified technical experts who advise us on the management of our With-profits Funds and life assurance business. The committee also has an independent actuarial adviser who provides extra expertise.
The committee sends the minutes of its meetings to our board. The Chair of the Committee also attends 4 company board meetings each year to discuss their work and any areas of concern or advice.
The committee regularly reviews its ways of working to identify improvements which can better reflect your interests.
Take a look at our latest news and guides.
Don’t lose your ISA allowance
Your ISA allowance is 'use-it-or lose-it'. Find out how to make the most of your 2019-20 allowance.
Discover the tax-free junior ISA (JISA)
We all want our children to have the best start in life, with a Junior ISA, they can look forward to a cash sum at 18 and a brighter future. Find out more here.
How do ISAs work?
Our guide to how ISAs work, your annual allowance and the types of ISA to choose from.
Investing terms explained
Getting confused with investing jargon? Here’s our helpful guide to the terms you need to know.
Risks and rewards of investing
Our guide to the pros and cons of different types of investments.
How to invest money in your 50s
Our guide to reviewing your investments as you think about retirement.
Am I ready to invest?
Our guide to getting started in the world of investments.
How to invest money in your 30s
Looking at your investments as you take the next step of your working life.
How to invest money in your 20s
Top tips for saving and investing if you're at the start of your working life.
How to invest money in your 60s
Tips for managing your investments if you're thinking of retiring.
How to invest money in your 40s
Tips for managing your money as your career and family grow.