About the committee
The Aviva With-Profits Committee is a group of independent experts who help us to look after your interests.
The committee bring outside expertise and oversight to make sure that we are meeting our responsibility to treat our With-Profits customers fairly.
The committee's objectives
The committee's objectives include:
- Challenging us to show that our decisions are fair to all With-Profits customers, particularly where one group is treated differently from another
- Checking we’re doing what we said we’d do. This means keeping to our 'Principles and Practices of Financial Management', a document setting out our approach to managing each of the With-Profits Sub-Funds
- Making sure we’re being fair to both new and existing With-Profits customers, and not favouring one group over the other
- Helping us make sure that we send clear and complete communications to With-Profits customers
- Requiring us to respond to any recommendations raised by the committee, and if they believe we haven’t, the committee can tell the Financial Conduct Authority so they can follow up
How the committee works
The committee meets about eight times a year. It works closely with our With-Profits Actuary and Chief Actuary. These are qualified technical experts who advise us on the management of our With-Profits Funds and life assurance business. The committee also has an independent actuarial adviser who provides extra expertise.
The committee sends the minutes of its meetings to our Board. The Chair of the Committee also attends four company Board meetings each year to discuss their work and any areas of concern or advice.
The committee regularly reviews its ways of working to identify improvements which can better reflect your interests.