Aviva Connected Home
Feel connected to your home when you’re away with smart devices that detect leaks, smoke and intruders in your home and alert you instantly via our new app. Terms and conditions apply.
Smart devices and app
Camera, motion sensors, smoke/leak detectors and alerts via app when issues are detected
Experts on hand to monitor your home and respond to issue alerts even if you can’t
Emergency help fast, minimising damage to your home and the heartache that goes with it
Our specialist monitoring team are on hand to respond to alerts even if you can’t and they’ll get help out fast to fix things before they turn into a major heartache. If the worst does happen, our Defaqto 5 Star insurance is there to get your home back to normal.
Feel at home, even when you’re not
Indoor security camera
Check in to the live 1080p camera with night vision any time and see your home. The Z-wave motion sensor will detect motion around your home and send you an instant alert if anything unexpected turns up on camera.
Door and window sensors
Detect when your doors and windows open. The smallest Z-Wave contact sensor on the market, tamper-protected and easily attached to any door or window.
Leak and smoke sensors
Leak sensor that can detect a leak as little as 3ml of water and a smoke sensor that uses temperature and photoelectric sensors to detect smoke early. It has a 100dB built-in siren and RGB visual indicators to raise the alarm when you’re at home.
Using your smart devices
You can download the app straight away and your devices will arrive within 7 working days. You’ll need broadband and an Apple or Android smartphone.
Book an appointment and an engineer will come and install everything for you. It takes about 2 hours. You can select a morning or afternoon appointment.
If you want to cancel at any point, no problem – you’ll just need to return your smart devices to us.
- We are working in association with Neos who are specialists in connected home insurance solutions.
- NEOS provide all the connected smart devices to keep you in control.
- After you buy a policy, NEOS will send your connected devices and arrange for a NEOS professional to come and install them in your home.
- Terms and conditions apply read here.
Protecting your home
Damage to your property and possessions
- Caused by events such as fire, theft, subsidence and flooding
- Includes damage to garages and outbuildings plus their contents
Cost of alternative accommodation and the loss of rent
- We’ll pay for accommodation if your home can’t be lived in due to damage covered by your policy
Liability protection for injuries or property damage
- If you’re legally liable as the homeowner
- If you’re legally liable as the occupier or as the employer of domestic services such as a cleaner
What’s not covered?
- Wet or dry rot
- Frost damage
- Damage caused over time
- Fences, gates or hedges damaged in a storm
- Claims for poor workmanship or faulty design
- Misplacing or accidentally losing items
- Damage or loss by any cause that’s not covered in the policy wording
Read our full policy wording to find out what is and isn’t covered
Policy documents for Connected Home cover
What if something goes wrong?
If something goes wrong, it’s simple to claim over the phone or on MyAviva.
Keep your documents handy
Before making a claim, make sure you have your insurance policy number and any receipts, quotes or invoices close by.
If there’s been an emergency, call us on 0800 051 5877 - lines are open 24/7.
Or log in to MyAviva, follow the instructions, and we’ll take care of the rest.
We’ll get in touch
If it’s an emergency, we aim to get everything sorted as soon as possible. If you make a claim online, we aim to get back to you within 2 hours.
Still need help? Give us a call
0800 051 5862
Monday to Friday: 8.00am – 8.00pm
Saturday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Sunday & Bank Holidays: 10.00am – 4.00pm
1. 0345 numbers are charged at national rates dependent on network and usually included in inclusive minute plans. For our joint protection, telephone calls may be recorded and/or monitored.