Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: What kind of illnesses are covered by income protection?
We receive claims for mental illness (including stress and depression), musculoskeletal problems (relating to muscles and bones, and including back pain), heart disease, cancer and a host of other illnesses and injuries.
There may be medical exclusions on your Income Protection Options policy, which means we can?t cover some conditions. We'll let you know what these are after we've spoken to you and gathered information about your medical history. For more information, you can ask for a copy of our policy conditions.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- What does my critical illness policy cover me for?
- Which illnesses are covered by a critical illness policy?
- What's the difference between an income protection policy and an Accident Sickness and Unemployment (ASU) policy?
- What is income protection?
- Do I need income protection as well as life insurance cover?
Browse our FAQs by topic