Criteria for payment deferral
If you’re struggling financially due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and need help, we can defer your monthly payment and spread it evenly over the remaining term of your policy. Check the eligibility criteria and important information below before requesting a payment deferral.
If you have multiple products with us, you’ll need to make separate applications for each.
- You have an Aviva direct car, motorcycle, home, or personal van insurance policy and you pay your premium monthly
- The policy is active and you’ve made at least one payment
- Unfortunately, if you have no further payments or only one further monthly payment due, we can't defer your payment
- You’re the policyholder and you, your spouse/partner or the primary named vehicle driver on the multi-car policy:
- Have been made unemployed at any point after 1 March 2020, or
- Are experiencing significant financial difficulty as a result of a temporary reduction in income caused by Covid-19
You can also find free and impartial advice about what to do if you’re struggling financially on the Money Advice Service website.
Important information and how to apply
You’ll need to read and agree to the important information to ask us for a payment deferral. For the important information about your request and to apply, please choose the scenario which best describes your situation:
I’m up to date on my payments – my next payment is due in 10 days or less
I’m up to date on my payments – my next payment is due in 11 days or more
I’ve already missed one payment
I’ve now missed two payments
Your payment deferral questions answered
We’re sure you have plenty of questions about our payment deferrals, so we’ve tried to answer everything we can.