The value of your investment can go down as well as up and you could get back less than you paid in.
Our Stocks & Shares ISA
With an ISA allowance of £20,000 for 2017/18, our Stocks & Shares ISA is a great way to invest your money for the long term. You can pick from our 4 ready-made funds or select funds yourself from our full range.
From £50 a month
Start with a lump sum of £500 or pay in as little as £50 a month.
Manage and track your ISA with our online investment service.
Take money from your ISA whenever you need to.
So whether you’re investing for a once-in-a-lifetime holiday or a rainy day, our Stocks & Shares ISA could suit you.
Is investing right for you?
Every investment decision is based on your risk and return appetite, the way you’d like to invest, and understanding how ISA's work.
Why a stocks & shares ISA?
Stocks & shares ISAs might carry a little more risk than a cash ISA or a savings account, but could also increase your gains. Of course, this does mean you’ll need to be comfortable with the ups and downs of the market, but depending on your risk appetite, a stocks & shares ISA could be just for you.
How do you choose?
You could use our tool to select one of our 4 ready-made funds based on your preferred risk level, choose from a shortlist of around 70 funds hand-picked by our Aviva Investors experts, or build your own portfolio by exploring our full range of investment options. And if you need some help, you can ask a financial adviser.
Fair and transparent charges
We’ve tried to keep things clear and simple. There are 3 charges associated with our Stocks & Shares ISA. Here's how they work.
We charge an annual fee for managing your investments that works tier by tier.
So the charge for the first £50,000 is 0.40%, the next £200,000 is 0.35%, and so on. We calculate the cost daily and take payment monthly from your cash account 1 where money’s held before it's invested.
|Invested value||First £50,000||Next £200,000||Next £250,000||Amount above £500,000|
We take a look at all of the accounts you have with us – including our Investment Account and Aviva Stocks & Shares ISA – when calculating your charge. That way, the greater the value of your investments, the lower the percentage you’ll pay, giving you greater value.
When you open a Stocks & Shares ISA with us, you can manage everything online – including all of your account information – free of charge. If you’d prefer to receive paper copies of any documents, we charge an extra £3 per month to cover the cost.
Fund Manager Charge
The fund or funds you choose may incur an extra charge to cover the costs and expenses of managing the investments. Each fund has an individual charge which can be found in the Key Investor Information Document. This also appears as an Ongoing Charge Figure (OCF) on your statement.
Before you invest
To open a Stocks & Shares ISA with us, you'll need to be eligible and to set up your payments. There's also a level of risk you'll need to be aware of.
You can open an account if:
- You're aged 18 or over
- You're a permanent resident in the UK or you or your spouse or civil partner work overseas for the UK Government
- You haven’t exceeded your annual ISA allowance this tax year
- You haven’t already opened this type of ISA this tax year
You'll need to:
- Set up regular payments of at least £50 a month, or make an initial payment of at least £500
- Understand that the value of your investment can go down as well as up and you could get back less than you paid in
What our Stocks & Shares ISA offers
Our Stocks & Shares ISA is a tax-efficient way to invest for your future. You can manage everything easily online and access your money whenever you need to.
- No Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax
You won’t need to pay tax, which can make a big difference on what you’ll get back on your investment over the long term.
- Access your money at any time
Withdraw and pay back money in the same tax year without affecting your allowance.
- Monitor and change your investments
You can view how all of your investments are performing and make changes at any time, all in one place online.
- 3 ways to choose
Choose from 4 ready-made funds, our shortlist of 70 funds chosen by Aviva Investor experts, or if you know exactly what you want, our full list of options.
Other ways to invest
Already used your ISA allowance this tax year? We’ve got other investment options that might be right for you.
Aviva Investment Account
If you’ve used your ISA allowance you can open an investment account and manage everything on our easy-to-use online investment service.
Transfer your ISA
Our straightforward process makes transferring your ISAs and investments to us easy and simple.
Help and support
We’re always here to help – if and when you need it.
Need a helping hand?
If you’re not sure if investing is right for you or which funds to pick, you might need to see a financial adviser.
Take a look at our latest news and guides.
23 Jan 2018
Our guide to getting started in the world of investments.
23 Jan 2018
Our guide to the pros and cons of different types of investments.
23 Jan 2018
Top tips for saving and investing if you're at the start of your working life.
23 Jan 2018
Looking at your investments as you take the next step of your working life.
23 Jan 2018
Tips for managing your money as your career and family grow.
23 Jan 2018
Our guide to reviewing your investments as you think about retirement.
23 Jan 2018
Tips for managing your investments if you're thinking of retiring.
1. We'll hold your money in cash, currently at a variable interest rate as shown on bank interest rates (PDF 93.8KB), until you tell us how you'd like to invest it. If the interest rate on the cash account is less than the Aviva charge your money in the cash account will reduce in value.
2. For our joint protection, telephone calls may be recorded and/or monitored and will be saved for a minimum of five years. Calls to 0800 numbers from UK landlines and mobiles are free.
3. The value of your investment can go down as well as up and you could get back less than you paid in. This is not a personal recommendation. If you need a personalised recommendation based on your personal circumstances, you should seek financial advice.
4. Platform provider and ISA Manager: Aviva Wrap UK Limited. Registered in England No. 4470008. Aviva, Wellington Row, York, YO90 1WR. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference Number 231530.
5. Aviva UK Digital Limited introduces to Aviva Wrap UK Limited for ISAs. Aviva UK Digital Limited is registered in England No. 09766150. Registered office: St Helen’s, 1 Undershaft, London EC3P 3DQ. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference Number: 728985.