Home insurance - contents accidental damage cover

Video transcript

Our home contents insurance offers two optional levels of cover if you accidentally damage household items such as furniture, furnishings, TV and CDs.

With our limited option you’ll be covered for non-portable home entertainment equipment, mirrors and fixed glass in your furniture.

So, for example, if you break your glass coffee table, smash your mirror, or the games controller slips from your grasp and breaks your TV, we’ll fix or replace them for you.

We’ll also cover you for accidental damage to your satellite dish, aerials and CCTV.

For additional protection you can upgrade to extra cover. This option covers most of the contents in your home so you’ll be covered if you spill red wine over your sofa or carpet, for example. It means that you can rest assured that your possessions are covered should an accident happen.

If you’d like contents accidental damage cover as part of your home insurance, simply make sure it’s added to your policy when you buy it online or over the phone.

And that’s it – insurance made a little easier.

Contact us

Get in contact with the right person to answer your queries, or just talk to us about how we can help you and your family.

Preparing your home before a storm

With a little preparation you could help to reduce the potential for damage - and save yourself some money and stress in the process.

Aviva Drive

Safer drivers scoring 7.1 or more save an average of £170, a saving that can be achieved by 52% of them.

Back to top