Try our quick and easy-to-use annuity calculator
Our calculator is a simple way to get an idea of the income you might receive from our pension annuity.
It's quick and easy-to-use. Just tell us some basic information about you, your preferences and the value of any pensions you may have. We'll then use this information to give you a summary with an income figure based on our own pension annuity.
Quick and easy-to-use
Our calculator has been designed with simplicity in mind and only takes around 10 minutes to complete
Anonymous and secure
All data is kept completely secure and you don’t need to tell us your name
Help whenever you need it
Just give us a call and tell us your quote reference – we'll walk you through your annuity options and any next steps
The income quoted will depend on the options you've chosen. Some options on the calculator will affect the predicted level of income you would receive when you start your annuity. Visit our annuity page for more information on how our annuity works, eligibility criteria, charges, tax treatment and much more.
Who can use it?
You can use our calculator if:
- You’re aged 55 to 74
- You have one or more pensions from any provider – this excludes defined benefits that are sometimes referred to as final salary pensions (where the money you get back is based on your salary and how long you've been a member of your employer's pension scheme)
We’ll need to know details of any medical conditions you have or previously had – this helps us determine the amount of money you could be paid.
For example, you may receive a higher income if you have a health condition that may reduce your life expectancy.
Your latest pension fund statements will help you enter some of the information into the calculator – but they're not essential.
Before using our calculator
There are some things you need to be aware of before using our calculator:
- This calculator isn’t intended to provide personalised advice or give personal recommendations
- If you’d like more information about getting personalised financial advice, visit our financial advice page
- You should also consider alternatives to buying an annuity – find out more about using your money
- The quote you receive isn’t guaranteed and we can only offer online quotes to UK mainland residents
- You can use the calculator even if you don't have a pension plan with Aviva
- Make sure to shop around for annuity quotes to ensure you get the best rate possible
- You don’t have to convert all of your pension to an annuity – find out more about mixing your retirement options to suit your needs
Ready to start?
Get started below and discover what you could get with an annuity.
Pension annuity articles
Take a look at our library of helpful articles and guides.
How annuity rates are calculated
Annuities give you a guaranteed income for the rest of your life. But exactly how much could you get?
When do annuities make sense?
Annuities can provide a stable income for your retirement, but they aren’t the only option. Find out if they’re the right choice for you.
Still need help? Just give us a call.
For our joint protection, telephone calls may be recorded and/or monitored and will be saved for a minimum of five years. Calls to 0800 numbers from UK landlines and mobiles are free.
Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited. Registered in England No. 3253947. Registered office: Aviva, Wellington Row, York, YO90 1WR. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number: 185896. aviva.co.uk