Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: How does my policy excess work?
When your policy was taken out, you or your company may have selected to apply an excess to the policy. An excess is the amount that was selected at that point that you will pay towards the cost of your claims bill. You will generally pay this amount directly to whoever provided your treatment, for example the hospital or specialist. You can track your excess online by logging into your MyAviva account.The way your excess is applied to your bills will depend on the type of policy you have, so please refer to your policy documentation for full details, or contact us and we can talk you through it.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- Do you charge an admin fee to make a change?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?