Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: How have you selected the list of specialists shown in the specialist finder tool?
We've selected specialists that we think meet your needs, for example:
The specialists are all registered with the General Medical Council, so that you can be confident about the quality and care you'll receive. Also, all the specialists returned from any search adhere to our fee guidelines, meaning no shortfall on specialists' fees for you to pay. Most operate out of hospitals where we have a direct transfer booking service, meaning you don't have to ring around to arrange an appointment.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- Do I have to use my home postcode to run a specialist search?
- What do I do if my GP has already referred me to a particular consultant?
- Why isn’t my specialism/sub-specialism listed on the Specialist Finder tool?
- What should I do if I don’t know which hospital list I am covered on?
- What is meant by specialism and sub-specialism?
Browse our FAQs by topic