Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Why isn’t my specialism/sub-specialism listed on the Specialist Finder tool?
The Specialist Finder Tool covers the majority of specialisms but oncology/cancer and psychiatry/mental health are not included. Therefore it is best to ask your GP for a referral letter that gives the name of a specific specialist and their medical specialism and sub-specialism, for symptoms/conditions relating to these specialisms.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
- How have you selected the list of specialists shown in the specialist finder tool?
- Do I have to use my home postcode to run a specialist search?
- What do I do if my GP has already referred me to a particular consultant?
- What should I do if I don’t know which hospital list I am covered on?
- I have back, neck, muscle or joint pain, what should I do?
Browse our FAQs by topic