Health may be wealth, but private healthcare can be costly. So how do you know that family health insurance could enrich your lives and not just bleed your wallets? We'll explain what our family health insurance covers and how it might benefit you and your family.
What is family health insurance?
Family health insurance covers you and your immediate family— your partner and children— for short-term diseases, illnesses or injuries. And it could give you faster access to a greater range of tests and treatments, including some that aren’t available on the NHS.
Our insurance also offers comprehensive outpatient cover and extensive cancer care. And we know there’s more to healthcare than scrubs and stethoscopes. That’s why we offer a wealth of wellbeing tools and services, including a stress counselling helpline, discounted gym membership, and a library of mental health resources. ^
Note that if you already have individual health insurance with us, you can just add your immediate family members to your policy. Please note that any changes to your cover will affect your monthly payments (premiums).
^ These services are non-contractual and can be changed or withdrawn at any time.
How much does it cost?
The cost of family health insurance depends on factors including your age, location and the type of cover you choose.
You can get a personalised health insurance quote here.
Whatever cover you opt for, you’ll need to keep up monthly payments (called premiums) to stay insured. But don’t forget that faster access to quality healthcare could give you the time and energy you need to earn and invest more.
Our health insurance includes several features that could make covering your family more affordable.
- If you add your spouse to your cover, you could pay less than you would for two separate policies.
- If you have more than one child under 20 on your policy, you'll only pay for the oldest child.
- If you add a new baby to your policy, they’ll get free cover for up to three months from the date of their birth.
- Baby bonus – if you've had your policy for over 10 months and made all your monthly payments, any family member on the policy will get £100 when they have a baby or adopt one up to a year old.
- Your baby will be covered for as long as the policy lasts, regardless of their medical history (on a medical-disregarded basis).
How much choice will I have?
Health insurance can give your family more control over when, where, and how you access tests and treatment. Which might well make it easier to shuffle medical appointments in with all the parties, playdates, and parents’ evenings.
With us, you’ll to get to pick from 100s of hospitals and clinics. You can choose upfront to get tests and treatment through Expert Select, where we use our expertise to select the best hospitals and specialists for you, or through one of our pre-packaged Hospital Options.
To find out more, visit our health insurance page.