What to expect
- Tell us you need to make a claim for critical illness, terminal illness or total permanent disability by phone or online, so we can get the process under way.
- We’ll take the details of your claim over the phone at a time and day that suits you. Or we can send a claim form for you to complete and return, if you prefer.
- Once we’ve collected the information we need, we’ll get in touch to explain what happens next.
- If your claim is successful, we'll usually pay out within five working days. If we can't pay out, we'll explain why.
Ways to start your claim
It’s easy to start a critical illness cover claim – just call us or fill in our online form.
To speed things up, try to have this information ready before you start:
- your contact details
- basic information about your condition
- the policy number
- your GP’s contact details.
Make a claim online
Just follow the steps and answer the questions in our claim notification form, and we’ll get things moving for you.
Make a claim over the phone
If you bought your policy from us, here’s the number to call if you want to make a claim over the phone:
Monday to Friday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Calls may be monitored or recorded. Calls to 0800 numbers from UK landlines and mobiles are free. Numbers that start with 03 are charged at national call rates, and may depend on your network provider. Opening hours may vary depending on the department you need to speak to.
Bought your policy with another provider?
The number you need to call is under the provider's name:
Bupa Health Insurance or Friends Life
AXA Sunlife Direct
Partnering with Macmillan Cancer Support
Specialised support for cancer claims
If you need to claim for cancer, we’ve partnered with Macmillan Cancer Support to give you access to emotional, clinical, and financial support. Learn how we can help after a cancer diagnosis on our Macmillan Cancer Support page.
Looking for something else?
Take a look at our latest news and guides.