Give our equity release calculator a go
Our calculator will give you an idea of just how much money you could release from your home. Simply choose your age, property type and estimated property value.
As a reminder – equity release is a way of turning some of the value from your home into tax-free cash. The type of equity release we offer is called a lifetime mortgage. It's a long-term loan you can apply for once you're aged 55 or over. And it's normally repaid using your home once you pass away or need long-term care.
Important things to keep in mind
If you decide to take a lifetime mortgage:
- It will reduce the amount of inheritance you'll leave behind
- It may affect your tax position and welfare benefits you’re entitled to
- Interest will be added yearly on the amount you've borrowed and any interest already added – it's known as compound interest
- Remember it's a lifetime commitment – and if you decide to end the loan sooner, you may need to pay a substantial early repayment charge
- You must speak to a financial adviser first
Try our equity release calculator
Are you eligible?
The amount of equity you can release depends on several factors such as age, property value and property type.
To apply for a lifetime mortgage, you'll need to:
1) Be aged 55 or older (for joint applications, all applicants must be over 55).
2) Own a home within the UK (excluding the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands) worth £75,000 or more.
3) Be able to borrow at least £15,000.
4) Live permanently in your home. The property must be your main residence and shouldn't be unoccupied for more than six months at a time.
5) Be mortgage-free, or have only a small mortgage on your property. Any outstanding mortgage debt must be paid off from the money you receive.
Get in touch
Existing customer? Please visit here for contact information.
Coronavirus update for new customers
In light of the coronavirus pandemic, we’ve had to close some of our call centres. Instead, we’re putting new customers through to carefully selected advice firms for help. This is important, because a lifetime mortgage can only be taken with financial advice.
Aviva Equity Release UK Limited has selected these financial advice firms. They're not employed by us and they are responsible for the advice they give. They'll ask you some eligibility questions, provide information only on Aviva Lifetime Mortgages and, if you'd like to go ahead, set up an appointment with an adviser.
Home Equity Release Service
Monday to Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Home Equity Release Service have been selected to provide information and financial advice on Aviva Lifetime Mortgages. They are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Retiredom Equity Release
Monday to Friday: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Retiredom Equity Release have been selected to provide information and financial advice on Aviva Lifetime Mortgages. They are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
For our joint protection, telephone calls may be recorded and/or monitored and will be saved for a minimum of 5 years. Calls to 0800 numbers from UK landlines and mobiles are free.
Get to grips with equity release
Find out more about equity release and what it means to take a lifetime mortgage. Decide whether it's suitable for you.
Equity release articles
Take a look at our library of helpful articles and guides.
Why we’ve won Best Equity Release Lender seven years in a row
We’ve just won Best Equity Release Lender and Best Equity Release Lender Customer Service at the 2020 What Mortgage Awards!
What is equity release?
Equity release is a big financial commitment, so understanding what it would mean for you and your family is really important.
Busting those equity release myths
There are a lot of ifs and buts surrounding our equity release product. We're here to help you separate the facts from the fiction.
What if I need care?
There are different options if you need long term care when you retire. Take a look to consider how much they might cost.
Aviva Equity Release UK Limited, Registered in England No 3286484. Registered Office: Aviva, Wellington Row, York, YO90 1WR. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Firm Reference Number 310433.