Stakeholder Pension for children

The sooner you invest in a pension plan, the longer your investments have to grow. You can give your children or grandchildren a head start by investing for them in an Aviva Stakeholder Pension plan.

A great investment for their future

If you've ever wished that you'd started investing for your own retirement earlier, you'll understand the importance of starting a pension plan early. With an Aviva Stakeholder Pension plan you can give your children's or grandchildren's futures a great start.

It's an ideal way of helping them to start investing for their retirement particularly as under current tax rules HM Revenue & Customs will add 20% basic rate tax relief to your payments.

Investing for the long term

You can start investing now towards your children's or grandchildren's retirements with an Aviva Stakeholder Pension plan in their names. The money in your children or grandchildren's pension plans will remain invested until they are at least 55 based on current pension legislation, so this is a long-term investment with plenty of opportunity for growth.

Bear in mind that the value of investments can go down as well as up, so when your children or grandchildren come to take the benefits their fund could be worth less than the amount paid in. The rules relating to tax and age limits could also change in the future. Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future.

How much can you invest?

The minimum investment into an Aviva Stakeholder Pension plan is £20 and you can currently invest up to £2,880 each year, net of basic rate tax at 20%, on each child's behalf. Please bear in mind that tax rules may change in the future.

What's the next step?

The next step is to talk it through with a financial adviser to make sure it's the right pension plan for your aims. If you don't have an adviser, you can find one in your area at

If you and your adviser agree that an Aviva Stakeholder Pension is the right choice, your adviser will provide you with all the information you'll need to apply. This will include:

  • A key features document, which explains the aims and risks of the plan and answers some frequently asked questions.
  • A personal illustration, which gives you an estimate of what your investment in the pension plan may be worth when your children or grandchildren come to take the benefits.
  • An application form, which should take just a few minutes to complete.

Back to top