Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: What happens to my life insurance policy if you decline the claim?
It depends on the type of claim and the reasons why we've declined it.
If there is a claim against a diagnosed illness and the diagnosis doesn't meet our policy conditions, the claim will be declined and the policy will continue unaffected.
If we decline it because we weren't given full, truthful and accurate information when the policy was taken out, we might cancel the policy or amend its terms.
If a death claim is made on a policy but we decline the claim, the policy will end.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- Where can I find my policy number?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?