Frequently Asked Questions
Ask us a question
You asked: Who gets the money if I have a valid terminal illness claim?
Ordinarily, when a terminal illness claim is paid, it will be paid to the person(s) who owns the policy.
If the policy was set up in trust or assigned to a mortgage lender, the money will go to the trustees of the trust, or to the mortgage lender.
If you're unsure who's entitled to the insurance money from your policy, please call us on 0800 015 1142 (between Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm). We'll be happy to help.
Did this answer your question?
Answers others found useful
Browse our FAQs by topic
Most popular faqs
- Do I need to select business use on my car insurance policy?
- Am I entitled to driving other cars (DOC) cover?
- I've moved house, how do I update my address details for my life insurance policy?
- Do you charge an admin fee to make a change?
- What's the difference between protected rights and non-protected rights?